An award-winning compositor, NUKE provides state-of-the-art tools designed to streamline day-to-day workflow and ensure highest quality results fast. Get the visual result you want while retaining the power and flexibility to solve any production challenge.
Powerful node based compositing
The Foundry's industry leading NUKE range offers cutting-edge toolkits covering VFX, editorial and finishing across solutions that deliver unparalleled speed, functionality and collaboration possibilities.
Whether you're a single shot compositor or working across projects end to end, you can find all the tools you need to get the job done fast, without quality compromise, in NUKE STUDIO, NUKEX or NUKE.
The NUKE product line offers
- Power and performance: Built to meet the needs of modern production work, the NUKE range offers unparalleled levels of power and confidence whether you're a team with a deadline or working solo with a client.
- Collaborative workflow: Efficient, collaborative workflows lie at the heart of the NUKE range. Whether you're working in a group of artists or running an effects department, NUKE makes team-work seamless.
- Compositing and much more: All the tools you need to get the job done, no matter how you're working. From editorial to finishing and tracking to model building, the NUKE range can scale to suit your needs.
- Highest quality results: Industry-leading toolsets within the NUKE range make producing pixel perfect, film-grade results, without the daily grind, easier than ever.
- Speed and efficiency: Work fast and interactively with NUKE's cutting-edge toolkits, GPU acceleration and fluid workflows. Everything you need to get the job done fast is built in and ready to go.
- Open and customizable: With major operating system compatibility, low hardware requirements and Python API, NUKE integrates seamlessly into your workflow.
In 2014, the NUKE product range got a complete overhaul with the addition of brand new application NUKE STUDIO, offering powerful VFX, Editorial and Finishing in a single studio application, plus core upgrades to the advanced compositing workflows of NUKE and NUKEX. Whether you're working on your own or as part of a team, regardless of your role, you'll find a NUKE product within the range to keep you happy!
Core compositing updates NUKE, NUKEX and NUKE STUDIO:
- Everything's got a lot faster: Significant engineering effort has been dedicated to making performance boosts across the board. Not only has The Foundry greatly increased overall performance in NUKE 9 compared to NUKE 8, but they've also made huge leaps forward in performance of NUKE's EXR reader, Deep EXR reader, and Scanline renderer to name a few.
- Native Flipbooking: The Foundry used new NUKE STUDIO technology to create a native Flipbook panel inside of NUKE and NUKEX, bringing integrated and real-time player capabilities to both applications and removing the need to roundtrip to other flipbooking software.
- New image formats supported: NUKE 9 adds support for MXF files, including read from MXF for DNxHD, Sony RAW (F55 and F65), XAVC and others. The Foundry has also added GPU debayering for ARRI and RED raw files.
- Denoise comes to NUKE: The release of NUKE 9 sees the power of the previously NUKEX-exclusive Denoise tool come to every product in the NUKE range.
- OFlow gets GPU accelerated: NUKE's OFlow tool has been further integrated and enhanced to give you new control over retime curves in the source time range, combining to give you concise, intuitive control over your speed ramps. And it's been GPU accelerated.
- Performance profiling for all: NUKE's performance profiling has been updated to give more accurate and detailed information on scripts, and now runs across three platforms. Color coding has been added for better visibility on individual scripts, Python calls now provide Python access to timing information for individual nodes and you can now run NUKE from the command line and get the full performance profile for a render in XML format.
- Mip-map filtering for the Scanline Render: NUKE 9's Scanline Render will improve your rendering speed, particularly when sampling from large textures, with the addition of new mip-map texture filters, including options for Nearest, Bilinear, Trilinear and Anisotropic.
- Drop shadow added to the Text node: NUKE's Text node has been improved by the addition of a new shadows tab within the node, making it fast and simple to add drop shadows and outlines to your text.
- Camera and Axis nodes get an update: NUKE 9 adds a Look pipe to the Camera and Axis nodes which mimics the behaviour of the Transform Geo nodes 'look' input functionality.
- Curve Editing with less clicks: The improved Curve Editor in NUKE 9 speeds up your workflow by showing curves for both Comp nodes and timeline Soft Effects. There's now a single adjustment panel which has both x and y number fields which can be jumped between using the tab key.
- Backdrop node update: NUKE's Backdrop nodes have been improved to provide a z order option in the control panel. You can specify a particular z level at which the backdrop will appear in the node graph.
Advanced compositing updates exclusive to NUKEX and NUKE STUDIO:
- KRONOS 2: The new motion estimation algorithm in KRONOS 2 improves the quality of your retimes, giving you a smoother warp with less artifacts and improved image reconstruction with less 'pulsing' between sharp and blurry results. KRONOS 2 also comes with new resampling methods (Lanczos), new control over retime curves, improved range integration as well as Blink GPU acceleration.
- Vector Generator 2: Based on KRONOS 2, the new Vector Generator comes with improved quality vectors based on the new motion estimation algorithm. It also provides Blink GPU acceleration.
- Motion Blur 2: Based on KRONOS 2, the new motion estimation algorithm in Motion Blur 2 provides you with faster and more accurate results. Motion Blur 2 also provides Blink GPU acceleration.
- Planar Tracker 2: Planar Tracker 2 has an added new region tracking algorithm which works with featureless areas of footage. Planar Tracker and Roto now appear as a single, integrated node with a new pattern-matching algorithm with a luminance shift option for shots where luminance alters within the tracking region.
- Particles with more possibilities: An improved Particle Bounce node creates a whole new range of possibilities for particles by adding a new 'geometry' input which allows you to connect any native NUKE geometry or read-in geometry, including OBJ, Alembic, FBX, for particles to bounce off.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.