We’re offering free, non-watermarked versions of NUKE, NUKEX and even top-of-the-line NUKE STUDIO to anyone who wants to learn, explore and have fun!
If you want to learn to composite, edit and finish with industry-leading tools, NUKE Non-commercial is for you. You can work on personal projects, update your skills, experiment, research or just play around.
NUKE Non-commercial lets you:
- Get up to speed with the toolset used by the best VFX artists in the business.
- Take all the time you need to get comfortable, with self-paced learning and rolling licenses that automatically renew.
- Use professional finishing tools to make your demo reel or personal project stand out from the crowd.
-Show prospective employers that you have the skills they need.
Need a helping hand?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone out there! The Foundry’s Community is where you can ask questions, get help, post your work, and exchange tips and tricks with other artists. We’ve got a forum especially dedicated to NUKE Non-commercial users, and it’s packed with info to get you up and running. There’s also specific help if you’re having trouble with installation or licensing.
Also check out Nukepedia for a wealth of useful info including tutorials, tips, articles, scripts and plug-ins that will help turn you into an accomplished NUKE artist before you know it!
What can’t you do with NUKE Non-commercial?
There are a few differences between commercial and non-commercial versions of the NUKE family. Here are the basic limitations of using the non-commercial versions:
- Licenses are not valid for commercial work at home or in a company, or for use in a commercial environment when completing work or in an educational institution.
- Licenses cannot be used in the same pipeline as commercial versions of NUKE or in clusters of non-commercial licenses.
- If you’re looking to evaluate the full commercial version, try our free 15-day trial here.
- If you’re an educational institution, find out more about educational licenses here.
- Key feature differences:
- Output resolution up to HD (1920 x 1080).
- Some nodes disabled including: the WriteGeo node, Ultimatte node, Primatte node, BlinkScript node, and GenerateLUT node.
- 2D format support disabled for MPEG4 and h264.
- Encrypted data storage and limited python scripting.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.