This is our standard Power Surfacing plugin that introduces SubD modeling into SolidWorks.
- Do you struggle to create freeform/organic shapes with SolidWorks®?
- Do you avoid making changes to surface features because it is too time consuming?
- Do you have difficulty creating aesthetically pleasing Class A surfaces with tangent and curvature continuity?
- Are you forced to utilize software other than SolidWorks® for designing organic shaped components?
- Do you need to import polygonal objects created outside of SolidWorks®?
We have an answer that may work for you! Power Surfacing is a revolutionary SolidWorks® plugin product that will fundamentally change the way that engineers and designers design parts in SolidWorks®. Power Surfacing makes it easy and fun to design complex free form aesthetically pleasing Class A surfaces in SolidWorks®. No longer will you have to fight with patching a set of trimmed surfaces together to form complex curved shapes; manipulating Power Surfacing parts is as simple as modeling with clay.
- Primitive Shapes - Box, Cylinder, Torus, etc.
- Creation from SolidWorks® Sketches
- Import Existing Meshes: Obj or FBX from modo, Maya, etc.
- Dynamic Push-Pull Editing, Constrained Editing, Soft Selection
- Basic Modeling Tools: Extrude, Inset, Insert Loops, Bridge
- Intermediate Tools: Mirror, Bend, Edge Weighting, Subdivide
- Advanced Modeling Tools: Extend, Edge Extrude, Insert Edge, Thicken, etc.
- Conversion to Class A SolidWorks® Surface or Solid Bodies
- Integration with SolidWorks® Feature Tree Editing
Neither Sub-D (Subdivision Surface) modeling nor NURBS modeling can effectively solve all 3-D design problems. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Sub-D modeling is great at producing and modifying complex freeform / organic shapes with smooth surfaces. NURBS modeling is good at combining shapes via. Boolean and Feature operations as well as refining shapes with operations like filleting, blending and face editing. We really see Power Surfacing as a novel and powerful unification piece between these two technologies. Being able to use both modeling paradigms together in the modeling process provides huge productivity advantages in both the design and revision process. Power Surfacing freeform design combined with SolidWorks® parametric design provides SolidWorks® users with a ground breaking Industrial Design toolkit.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.