UV-Packer for 3ds Max
UV-Packer for Autodesk 3ds Max automatically arranges the unwrapped charts of objects in an optimized manner to provide efficient usage of UV space. UV-Packer takes the surface area of the object into account and scales all charts to provide a uniform distribution of pixels over the mesh.
UV-Packer takes all your UV Map parts, calculates their sizes and proportions and distributes them in the most optimal way on the UV panel.
– Fastest UV Packing for 3ds Max
– Extra UV space saving
– Easy & automatic UV-Tiles creation
What is UV-Packer?
UV-Packer represents the perfection of simplicity and performance for uv map packing: it is a single click solution for packing all UV-Parts of your object in the best possible way.
You no longer need to spend hours moving, rotating and scaling your maps in order to utilize the whole mapping area – UV-Packer does it for you in a second.
Advantages of UV-Packer?
In a vibrant and stressy job of a modern 3D artist there is nothing worse then losing time on repetitive and boring manual works. Just imagine how many more crazy artworks and awesome designs you could design if there were no such things like dragging, rotating and adjusting parameters which should be actually done by the machine. The designers and developers of 3d-io offer you herewith a small yet fast and exact utility to save hours and days of your work on UV Maps.
UV-Packer does what you can’t: it calculates the perfect quadrature of your maps, scales them and put the pieces together in mathematically exact way no human would ever be able to process.
UV-Packer not only moves and rotates your UV parts, it also takes the mesh surface area into account and scales the parts independently to provide a uniform pixel distribution. Your models will never again have different texture sizes and therefore varying amounts of texture quality on legs, arms and body textures, since UV-Packer keeps them all even.
What is new in UV-Packer 2?
Key features of the new version:
– UV-Packer 2 offers 3D Artists instant and optimal UV packing in self-customizable UV tile sets. Artists can now easily control the number of UV tiles, automatically generate material IDs for each UV tile or unwrap the UV tiles according to material ID settings. This is especially useful for Mari, Mudbox or ZBrush workflow.
– Compatibility with Autodesk 3ds Max 2015.
– New simplified web manageable licensing:UV-Packer 2 comes out with the new online managed licensing system, allowing users to transfer licenses with one click to any other workstation. No more waiting time caused due to time-zones or email requests: you can activate or deactivate the license and move it as you wish.
UV-Packer 2 is available now for Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 or above. The update is free for all registered UV-Packer users, a new licence costs $115.
Consider these video tutorials and learn how to engage UV-Packer in your everyday texturing and UV-Mapping job. Despite the fact UV-Packer is a single button solution, we have captured extra explanations for the optimal workflow.
UV- Packer in 60 seconds UV-Packer features tutorial
1 Minute introduction to the concepts and advantages This tutorial highlights the available features and provides usage examples
UV-Packer UV tile and texture baking
UV-Packer allows you to quickly distribute existing UV data for programs like Mari or Mudbox that can make use of multiple textures on the same object